Housing & Homelessness

Becoming a THP-NMD Provider

Last Updated Mar 8, 2021

This guide is intended to assist organizations wishing to become licensed to provide the Transitional Housing Placement for Nonminor Dependents (THP‐NMD). THP-NMD providers serve non-minor dependent youth ages 18‐21. Organizations providing THP-NMD are licensed by the Community Care Licensing (CCL) Division of the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) and certified by county agencies. 

The guide provides step-by-step instructions to becoming licensed and includes a link to a template for the Plan of Operation, one of the required documents.